Followers

Saturday 29 October 2016

Inspired by a book/film/song - Sweet Stampin'

Good morning bloggaroos,

If all goes according to plan, this post will reach you while I am up in the cold northern reaches of Scotland. fingers crossed...

It's Saturday once again, which means a fresh challenge over at Sweet Stampin'. This week's theme is one of my favourites... Inspired by a book, film or song.

Now I'd just finished watching a pretty excellent version of Rear Window, and so was in a rather Hitchcock themed mood, and figured I'd play around with another of his films as my inspiration. Can you guess which one from the card below?


The film is of course The Birds, and I brought it to life with a selection of three different Inkylicious stamps and some distress inks for colouring. I picked earthier and darker tones, to stay in keeping with the feel of the film.

This kind of one-layer scene-building card is a little different for me, but I enjoyed it a lot!

Now I know you'll want to go rush off and join in with us this week, but before you do, go see what my fellow Sweeties have made. Can you guess at their inspiration from the finished cards?

Have a grrrrrrreat weekend!

Sammy-x

6 comments:

brenda said...

A really striking card Sammy and a great way to interpret your chosen film title.

Have a good weekend.

B x

aussie aNNie said...

AWESOME lOVE your birds and great film it was too.xx

cotnob said...

A brilliant card Sammy, I guessed the film before I read your post.
Pauline
x

Christine L said...

Ha.... I knew the film straight away.... you made a perfect job of your fabulous card! Wonderful colouring and a perfect design!

Christine x

Anne said...

This is fabulous Sammy, a bit different for you ... and an inspired take in the theme!!
Anne x

Chris said...

I'm always impressed by one layer cards Sammy! Fabulous stamping!
Chris
x