Followers

Thursday 2 June 2016

Summer of creative chemistry - day 1

Hi, me again!

You may or may not have heard, but Tim Holtz is about to release a third instalment of creative chemistry classes, and in the run-up to that, those of us that have already completed creative chemistry 101 and 102, are encouraged to re-familiarise ourselves with the techniques before 103 goes live.
Today we're focussing on the first couple of distress ink techniques, and I decided to play with one of my favourite techniques to date, the blended spritz & flick.

SummerOfCreativeChemistry-Participant

The idea is to use 4 or more colours of ink. I used 7 on mine! Broken China, Mermaid Lagoon, Peacock feathers, Faded Jeans, Cracked Pistachio, Iced Spruce, and Ground Espresso.
Can you guess what kind of theme I'm going for? ;-)

This is the background:


And this is the tag fully decorated:


And finally, matted on a black card base to make a father's day card for my dad (who used to be in the navy, hence the sea theme):


The colours haven't photographed as well as I'd like, maybe I should have waited for daylight, lol.

Anyway, that's me. Can't wait to get stuck in with the rest!

Sweet dreams.

Sammy-x

10 comments:

Marianne's Craftroom said...

What a great tag and the background is fab

Jane Savage said...

Looks amazing, Sammy!xxx

Pamellia said...

Oh, this technique is just one of my favourites! Love your rich underwater colours Sammy. Wonderful tag! hugs :)

Chris said...

Beautiful tag...love that gorgeous background!
Chris
x

Christine L said...

Loving the spritz and flick on your fab tag Sammy!

Hugs
Christine x

cotnob said...

This is fabulous Sammy, such a brilliant background - I hope you enjoy the new class.
Pauline
x

Sue said...

Fab tag Sammy! huggles Sue xx

aussie aNNie said...

Love the tag Sammy the texture and sea version is gorgeous. Great coloures and spritz of that water or is it the salt that leaves the spots....xxLove the colour and gorgeous result.xx{aNNie}

Birgit said...

Great tag. I love that seahorse. Where do you got it from?
Birgit from Germany

KT Fit Kitty said...

Hello there! Thank you for your kind words on my blog! Your tag card is gorgeous! I love the distress ink background and beautiful underwater scene! Love the die cuts you've used! Hope you are having a great weekend!