Followers

Sunday 23 August 2015

Cherub tag

Hi all,

So yesterday, when I really should have been getting on with rather pressing projects due in a few days, I instead ended up making a cherub tag, after being inspired by Sandie's guest tag over at Tagalong.

I knew I still had a Prima cherub somewhere in my stash, so after I located it, out came the Distress Paints... (In tattered rose, worn lipstick, dried marigold and white, in case anyone was wondering) I marbled them onto a manilla tag, and once it was dry, had some fun with texture paste and stencils, before adding the cherub on top of some cheesecloth.
Some lace, pins, a charm and TH sentiment stickers finished it off.


When everything was done, I misted the tag with my cosmic shimmer spray, to add a lovely sparkle...
Which of course is impossible to capture accurately.


I did alter the charm a little before adding it. It was a plain silver colour, which would not do, so added black ink, white distress paint and a touch of shimmer and spun sugar distress ink..



And there it is. I'm off to play along at Tagalong, and then I guess I'd better get back to work! lol.

Hope you're all having an awesome weekend!

Sammy-x

12 comments:

brenda said...

Fab tag Sammy, looks like lots of lovely texture there.

B x

Anne (cornucopia) said...

This is beautiful! Lovely soft pastel colors.

Sandra Wright. said...

I just adore your Tag...beautiful pastel colours too...
Thank you for coming over to Taglong for a play...
Hugs xx

MaryH said...

The combination of colors that you've marbled together is so pretty & soft. Love the colors that you added to the little cherub, and also the glimmer. Brilliant texture with the embossing paste & that gauze tucked in behind the cherub. Lovely touch to add the heart stickpins too. Well done, and hope your other projects get finished on time! TFS & Happy Sunday

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

Ooh yes, love all the texture and delish detailing on this gorgeous tag Sammy. Delish hun. Hugs, Wends x

Kat W said...

Ha ha, I have often popped into my craft room to do a particular project and got distracted by an image or some DP and ended up doing something else entirely!
Your tag is so lovely, the textured details are fab and your sentiment is perhaps particularly apt for this project since you clearly did what you loved!

Big hugs, Kat xx

cotnob said...

A gorgeous tag Sammy, so pretty.
Pauline
x

Christine L said...

Love how you created this fabulous tag Sammy.... that cherub is so lovely and I love the words you put there too... something to live by!

Hugs
Christine x

aussie aNNie said...

Super gorgeous tag, love that cherub.xx

Elise said...

oh wow Sammy! This is BEAUUUUTIFUL! I'm loving all the pearly colors on this and I can imagine how it must sparkle in person!

ps .. I can't believe that your son's holidays will be reduced down to only 5 weeks for Summer! Booooooooooo! :( Kids really do need long special breaks .. they work so hard throughout the year!

Big Hugs,
Elise

Jane Savage said...

Oooh what a delicious colour, Sammy and I adore all the shimmer and texture! That cherub is awesome!! xxx

Beebeebabs said...

Very cute tag!!!