Followers

Wednesday 12 November 2014

Anything goes with option of goodbye - Crafting with Dragonflies DT

Hi all,

A bitter sweet post today...

A little over a year ago, still fresh to blogland and with only a month or so of stamping under my belt, I thought I'd take a chance and apply for a position on a design team. This was a first for me, and I was a little nervous to say the least, and if I'm honest didn't really believe I would be accepted.
So imagine my surprise when a little while later I received a lovely email from Hilde at Crafting with Dragonflies, inviting me to the team!
I was so excited, and in those first couple of weeks I learned so very much! Being on a team brings a whole new side to crafting, and it's one that can be very rewarding, in many ways. In those early days it really helped me become more confident, which led to a few more applications and fabulous DTs to play along with.

So, why the reminiscing? Well, unfortunately, life has a way of upsetting things, and Hilde has made the difficult decision to close Crafting with Dragonflies. The new challenge that starts today will be our last. :-(

The theme is Anything Goes, but there's an option to make a Goodbye/farewell card if you like.

I Went from "goodbye" to "travel" and eventually ended up at "journey" (which can be interpreted both literally or as a more spiritual concept, if you will), which was the main thought behind the card and matching tag I made (both again using the emboss resist technique).


The butterfly on the card is a digi from our sponsor Pickled Potpourri, and the embossed background stamp is from LOTV. When I'd finished it, I sprayed the entire thing with glimmer mist, which you can sort-of make out of the close-up below.



And the matching tag: Another embossed LOTV background stamp, and this time the focal stamp is part of a Papermania urban stamp.


And there they are. My last creations for Crafting with Dragonflies.

I'd like to take this opportunity to thank Hilde for taking a chance on a newbie and inviting me to such a lovely crafty group. My thoughts will be with you Hilde! x
And to all my fellow Dragonflies, past and present, you girls rock! Don't be strangers.

And to everyone else I say, what are you waiting for? Go give this challenge the fabulous send-off it deserves and play along this fortnight. We're all there waiting for you!

Health and happiness to you all.

Sammy-x

15 comments:

Chris said...

These are amazing Sammy! Beautiful colours and beautiful stamping! A lovely way to say goodbye to your DT.
Chris
x

Sue said...

These are stunning Sammy. The colours are so soft and beautiful.
Such a shame that the challenge is coming to the end.
Sue xx

Sarah said...

Great duo Sammy!! xx

Jane Savage said...

So sorry to hear the challenge is closing, Sammy, but your card and tag are a wonderful way to say goodbye! Such great colours and beautiful blending and stamping! xx

Wynn said...

Sammy you said it all. It really has been an amazing journey for us all. It is such a supportive group. I will miss you all. But I will pop in in from time to time to catch up. I hope we get lots of entries this time . Take care my fellow Dragonfly . Sunny hugs Wynn xx.....love your card and tag by the way......so very appropriate x

Wynn said...

Sammy you said it all. It really has been an amazing journey for us all. It is such a supportive group. I will miss you all. But I will pop in in from time to time to catch up. I hope we get lots of entries this time . Take care my fellow Dragonfly . Sunny hugs Wynn xx.....love your card and tag by the way......so very appropriate x

Wynn said...

Forgot to say.....think you need to peep at Unstampabelles.....Surprise!!!! lol

aussie aNNie said...

FABulous and stunning creations Sammy, super gorgeous image and love these beautiful colours...
aNNie xx
The Journey is the Start

Christine L said...

Wowww... such beautiful creations for a sad occasion Sammy.. sorry to hear that the first DT you were on is closing.... but I'm pretty sure you'll be snapped up by lots of others in the future!

Hugs
Christine x

Inkypinkydelights said...

Sammy I am hot footing it over to see this sparkle. Did you do the cloose up on the pc or did you take a close up photo? Yes it works the best I have seen yet! Thanks so much for the tip. Love your cresation! Judy x

cotnob said...

A stunning card and tag Sammy, I love your gorgeous colours and beautiful butterflies.
Such a shame the blog is closing.
Pauline
x

Pop's Cards said...

Hi sweetie, wow this is absolutely gorgeous :0)))) huggles Pops x x x

Sue said...

Awww Sammy it's so sad when that happens it happened to me too but all the girls keep in touch:) fabulous creations to say goodbye..lots of huggles Sue xxx

Elise said...

Awwww Sammy .. I can truly understand your feelings and I can see why this is so sentimental to you .. what a special story. I wish all of your girls the best of luck in all your future journeys!

As for your card and tag .. wowwwww .. it's so GORGEOUS! Love the vintage and rustic feel to them .. it's just so BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!

Sending You Big Hugs,
Elise

Becca Cruger said...

These are just both so incredibly lovely. I love the color scheme you've used and all the fabulous layering.